Before you can get married in Alberta, you must purchase a marriage license. Your marriage license can be obtained at an Alberta registry agent. Registry locations in Sherwood Park can be found here:

Carefully read the requirements for your marriage license here:

In Alberta, your marriage may be a religious ceremony, or a civil ceremony. Civil ceremonies are performed by a marriage commissioner. If you are reading this, you have found me, and I would be happy to perform your ceremony. However, this is going to be one of the most important days in your life—and the person that is going to perform this ceremony should be right for you both. I would encourage you to make sure that the marriage commissioner that you select is right. You can find the rest of my fellow marriage commissioners listed here:

When you make contact with me, I would encourage you to interview me, ask questions, and make sure I am the right match for your special day. See my “Suggestions” page, and link to “Picking an Officiant” for more details.